1. The competition will start on 1.5.2003 and end on 30.4.2004.
Every month three problems will be placed on this web site,
correct solution of each problem will be rewarded with one
point. Thus, during the competition a maximum of 36 points
can be achieved.
2. For each problem participants have to choose between two moves.
Only the chosen move has to be sent, reasons and analysis
leading to this conclusion are not required. If a competitor
comes to the conclusion, that another move is the best one in
this position he still has to choose between the two moves
given with the problem.
3. Solutions should be sent to the competition referee preferably by
email or by post to
The solutions must reach the referee by the deadline. Any of the
common notations is allowed, WXF notation is preferred.
4. Each participant should choose a pseudonym (could be the real
name), under which he would like to take part in the competition.
Results of each month as well as the overall ranking will be
published on this web site.
5. The competition referee will evaluate submitted solutions.
The referees decision is final. This is just a game and should not
be taken all too seriously. No legal appeal will be admitted.
6. The three participants with most points at the end of the
competition will receive a diploma. The winner gets a small prize.
Another prize will be drawn by lots among all entrants, who have
participated regularly and have achieved at least one point per month.